WHO WE ARE
The pages on this website are published by Hengelo LTD, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 7695054. Our registered office and trading address is 8-10 West Street, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 2AB.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy when you visit and interact with our website. In this policy we explain how we will handle your personal data.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy you can contact us by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 (0)800 484 0080
- Post: Hengelo Ltd, 8-10 West Street, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 2AB
- Or using the website’s contact form.
THE INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW IT IS USED
What information do we collect?
- When you make a purchase from www.hengeloshop.com we ask for, and collect, personal information such as your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number, email address and payment details.
- If you set up an online account with us, we will store your password.
- If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address on MailChimp, our email service provider.
How do we use your personal information?
- We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
- To send you news and special offers that may be of interest if you have consented for us to do so or we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any email.
- Any information we collect about your browsing and buying habits is used for statistical analysis and to continuously improve the website and the products and services offered to our customers. Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about store visits and the pages being viewed.
- To improve the services we offer, make recommendations about goods or services that may be of interest to you and to develop marketing programs.
- To assist in the detection and prevention of fraud.
- Our courier service, Royal Mail has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF INFORMATION
Providing your personal data to others
- We will never pass on your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
RETAINING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
How long to we hold on to your data for?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which you provided that personal data, unless the law permits or requires that we retain it for longer.
The retention period varies depending on the purpose of the processing. For example, the data collected during your purchase of goods on www.hengeloshop.com are retained in accordance with local tax law (seven years in the UK); while those data used to send you our marketing communications are retained until you ask to be unsubscribed.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us, you can find our contact details at the top of this page.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
In the first instance we will provide a copy of the information free of charge, within one month of request. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or to comply with requests for further copies of the same information although this does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests.
We can extend the time to respond by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you of this within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
What if I want to update my information?
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies that we use
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
|PHPSESSID||hengeloshop.com||Preserves user session state across page requests.||Session||HTTP|
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
|_ga||hengeloshop.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||HTTP|
|_gat||hengeloshop.com||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||Session||HTTP|
|_gid||hengeloshop.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.||Session||HTTP|
|_pinterest_cm||pinterest.com||Used by Pinterest to track the usage of services.||1 year||HTTP|
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
|_hjIncludedInSample||hengeloshop.com||Determines if the user’s navigation should be registered in a certain statistical place holder.||Session||HTTP|
|collect||google-analytics.com||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session||Pixel|
|fr||facebook.com||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.||3 months||HTTP|
|IDE||doubleclick.net||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and top resent targeted ads to the user.||1 year||HTTP|
|test_cookie||doubleclick.net||Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies||Session||HTTP|
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.